The Bangalore Cat Adoption Drive

/, Destinations, India, Karnataka/The Bangalore Cat Adoption Drive

I often grumble that I have no idea what to do in Bangalore on the weekends. Being a part of the Bangalore Cat Squad however is something that I enjoy and it has led to a number of new friends and acquaintances. In fact if you had to look at it through my eyes then you would probably call it a family. So when the plans were in place for the third cat adoption drive, I knew I had to make it at all costs.

THE LOCATION

The happy squad!

This time the cat adoption drive was held at Enerjuvate Café and Studio. I absolutely loved the location because it was in the heart of the city and the area we had a room to ourselves. This meant more adopters walked in and the cats could roam around freely. The fact that Enerjuvate had a lot scrumptious health food also added to the appeal.

[In case anyone knows of a location or can offer a space for our future cat adoption drives do get in touch with the Bangalore Cat Squad on Facebook. We would love to team up!]

THE FURRY ONES

Let’s take a cat nap!

The Bangalore Cat Squad members brought their feline rescues for the cat adoption drive. Like I mentioned before there were a number of people who turned up to adopt and play with the kittens. In fact at the end of the day 5 kittens found their way into new homes after the new cat parents were counseled.

Those who couldn’t adopt a cat spent time playing with the kittens and learning how to interact with them. While the adoption drive was only for 4 hours both the felines and the humans had plenty of fun.

Shawn, Prateek and I reached an hour later than planned. That’s why we missed the fun of setting up the whole room. Since I didn’t have any kittens for adoption this time, it really didn’t matter all too much. I would have loved to have had an extra hour to interact with all my Cat Squad friends though.

[If you still are on the lookout for a kitten/adult cat and you missed the cat adoption drive feel free to get in touch with the Bangalore Cat Squad. We have plenty of felines waiting for a new home]

SANJANA’S LITTLE HELPERS

The little helpers.

Sanjana is the creative genius of the group. Every Cat adoption drive that we have organized has always been graced by her art supplies. The kids love learning everything that she has to teach them. This time they made little cats out of cups and balls. She even made some cat ears for all of us to wear! Don’t you wish you hadn’t missed the adoption drive now?

MAKING MONEY FOR OUR CATS

Donate to a cause!

Era is our latest super star. To say she is an artist is an understatement. Era made a number of different diaries for sale. The proceeds of which went to help the Bangalore Cat Squad. I was so happy that I arrived in time to snap up one. Everything sold out so fast!

Life in the feline lane is fast moving. The Cat adoption drive was a boat load of fun just like the previous ones were. Don’t worry. If you missed the previous three I’m sure you will make it for the next one. When is it? Stay tuned to the Bangalore Cat Squad page to find out!

Pin this on your board

2017-10-07T23:54:45+00:00 May 9th, 2017|Banagalore, Destinations, India, Karnataka|9 Comments

9 Comments

1. George Theckel June 19, 2017 at 7:12 am - Reply

Looking forward to adopt a cat. Not a kitten but a calm composed adult.
    Thnx

• Penny June 23, 2017 at 11:34 pm - Reply

You definitely should check out the Bangalore Cat Squad page on Facebook. There is another adoption drive coming up soon.

• Jumi Borkakoti August 12, 2017 at 7:26 am - Reply

Hello.. did you find any cat for adoption ?? If not then I’m giving mine for adoption.. she is well behaved and potty trained.. please get in touch if you’re still looking to adopt..

2. Bharadwaj S September 14, 2017 at 9:26 pm - Reply

During the monsoon (Ju2017) I had rescued a pregnant cat and she delivered healthy 5 kittens in my apartment. Last 5 weeks I have taken care of these kittens and now I am offering them for adoption at free of cost. Please guide me where can I get help to arrange a shelter for these cute kittens. Due to my profession I will be on travel and at times away from home I will not be able to care of these kittens at my apartment. And I do not want to abandon them abruptly. Please help to find a home for these 4 week old kittens at the earliest.

You can reach me on my email bharadwajs@outlook.com or on my mobile +91 8277271971.

• Penny September 14, 2017 at 11:06 pm - Reply

Bharadwaj… I would advice getting the cat spayed/neutered so that she doesn’t have more litters. That should be the first step that you take. Put out a number of posts on Facebook groups that support animal adoption. Get in touch with the Bangalore Cat Squad via facebook. They are always very helpful. I must warn you that most of the foster families are already full with fosters so finding a home to take in four kittens will be near impossible. Try to get them adopted after screening the family to ensure that they will spay the kittens when they are approximately 6 months old. I would suggest educating the families on the benefits of adopting cats in pairs.

3. Usha November 18, 2017 at 1:20 am - Reply

I need a ginger type kitten for adoption which is cute and beautiful

• Penny November 18, 2017 at 4:39 am - Reply

There are plenty of kittens available for adoption. We consider them all cute and beautiful. Please contact the number listed above.

• Reena November 19, 2017 at 5:05 am - Reply

Can u please call me on 9886880017 i want to adopt a cat

• Penny November 19, 2017 at 5:17 am - Reply

Reena I would suggest getting in touch with the facebook page listed above.