A place of untouched beauty
After coming back to the hotel after sunrise, we decided to go to Serendipity beach for rest of the day. It is one of the most popular beaches in Sihanoukville and there are many shops & shacks. The beach was full of activity, we settled in a restaurant by the beach for lunch and drinks. The food was yummy though a bit expensive than other parts of Cambodia. We spent rest of the day had to relax at the beach doing nothing and it was a welcome respite after a hectic schedule. Later that evening we went to Casino for some entertainment.
I could not go to Kbal Chhay Waterfall due to lack of time but it is a good place for a day picnic. It is seven kilometers from the center of Sihanoukville. If you have hired a bike then ask direction to go to the waterfall and if not then hire a Tuk-Tuk. It is a perfect place to spend time in untouched natural beauty. We spent two days in Sihanoukville and next day morning we left this relaxed town for our next destination.
There is nothing special about it but if you are interested then buy some souvenirs from gift shops. Some shops sell gems and decorative items or jewelry made from sea shells etc. Beachwear is also available in small shops around beaches.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- It is beach town and most of the activities revolve around beaches.
- If want to spend time in quiet then walk towards the far end of Otres beach. If coming from town then cross the market area on the beach, which is closer to the city.
- Serendipity beach is most popular in Sihanoukville and there are many activities.
- Take a tour of islands from the jetty at Sihanoukville, do bargain.
- Food at the beach is a bit expensive but view and quality of food make up for it.
- Hire a bike/two wheeler to explore Sihanoukville, it is most convenient and economical way.
- Avoid snorkeling and scuba diving, water is not clean and Thailand has better options.
- It is better to do kayaking, windsurfing, and kitesurfing though prices are a bit on higher side. Bargain hard to get a good price.
- There are some good Casinos in the area for night out.
* This post contains affiliate links.
** Photographs and pictures have been provided by the author for use in this post and do not belong to Globetrove.